There is no denying that a number of President Trump’s policies were good for America. We can understand why some may be tempted to believe that his re-election would be like turning the clock back to life-before-COVID. That, however, simply is not possible. The world has changed.
In the post-COVID era, Anthony Fauci has emerged as one of America’s greatest villains, and for good reason. An objective review of the historical record, however, shows that President Donald J. Trump bears a considerable amount of responsibility for our nation’s devastating COVID response. For example:
- In mid-February of 2020, the WHO organized a fact finding trip to China to investigate the CCP’s COVID counter-measures, which they claimed had successfully contained the virus (as if they could be trusted). These included rigorous contact tracing, mandatory masking, social distancing, school closures, and mass lockdowns that even went so far as to weld shut the doors to high-rise apartment buildings.
- Anthony Fauci appointed Dr. Clifford Lane, his deputy at NIAID, to attend on behalf of the United States and to report back. Upon his return, Lane reported that the CCP’s untested and unproven methods, which he described as “a very organized, well regimented way of handling the outbreak,” seemed effective.
- The WHO concurred: “China’s uncompromising and rigorous use of non-pharmaceutical measures [i.e., lockdowns without the use of available and effective early treatment] to contain transmission of the COVID-19 virus in multiple settings provides vital lessons for the global response.”
- Following these reports, President Trump voiced his own confidence in the CCP’s uncompromising and rigorous approach to COVID containment. Speaking at the February 29, 2020 Coronavirus Task Force press conference he stated: “China seems to be making tremendous progress. Their numbers are way down … And we’ve been working very closely. They’ve been talking to our people, we’ve been talking to their people, having to do with the virus.”
- Two weeks later, President Trump introduced the infamous “15 Days to Slow the Spread,” a program that extended for many months, causing untold suffering and death.
Many of Trump’s most committed supporters are quick to absolve him of any responsibility for the actions of the nation’s governors, claiming, “The lockdowns and masking were state mandates!”
What most do not know is that on March 16, 2020 when “15 Days to Slow the Spread” was introduced, the White House provided to the media, in writing, the shocking recommendations sent to the governors by the Trump Administration. It included the following:
- “Governors should close schools in communities that are near areas of community transmission, even if those areas are in neighboring states.”
- “All states should follow Federal guidance and halt social visits to nursing homes and retirement and long-term care facilities.”
- “Bars, restaurants, food courts, gyms, and other indoor and outdoor venues where groups of people congregate should be closed.”
Painful though it may be to do so, we strongly encourage all concerned to consider a detailed review of the events surrounding the COVID lockdowns, after which one will be hard pressed to deny just how poorly President Trump managed the COVID crisis.
Perhaps more troubling still is Big Pharma’s influence over Donald Trump’s decision making
Early in his administration, President Trump was fully committed to taking steps to form a much-needed Vaccine Safety Commission.
“I know the Pharma industry is going to cause an uproar about this, and try to make me back down, and I’m not going to back down,” he told Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., whom he had asked to head the Commission. Soon thereafter, however, with any explanation whatsoever, he abandoned those plans and cut off all communication with those who were working on the project.
In other words, Pharma applied pressure just as expected – be it by promise or by threat – and Trump backed down.
Soon thereafter, President Trump appointed Big Pharma insider, Scott Gottlieb, to head the FDA. In other words, the fox was put in charge of the pharmaceutical henhouse. This was more than two years before COVID, but it set the stage for what would take place once the pandemic hit.
Throughout the pandemic, the White House Coronavirus Task Force was complicit in promoting the Big Pharma agenda. It was on President Trump’s watch that Remdesivir (a drug proven to be dangerous) was anointed as the “standard of care” for COVID patients. As for the way ahead, all hope for a “return to normal” was pinned on the development of an experimental COVID vaccine, one that the Trump Administration funded with billions of taxpayer dollars.
As of this writing, President Trump refuses to admit that Operation Warp Speed and the rushed COVID vaccine it produced have been, and continue to be, an unmitigated disaster that has ruined, and ended, countless lives. Let us also not forget that he even went so far as to militarize the operation, calling upon the United States military to deliver the experimental, untested, and unsafe vaccines to a trusting American people.
To this day, he openly brags about Operation Warp Speed and the poisonous vaccine as one of his greatest accomplishments.
Inflation didn’t start with Biden
One should also bear in mind that it was President Donald Trump who signed into law the CARES Act which – in addition to incentivizing hospitals to diagnose as many COVID cases as possible, paying them a cash bonus for every ventilated patient (whether they really needed it or not) – added over $3 Trillion in freshly printed, taxpayer funded, currency into the U.S. economy, a great deal of which remains unaccounted for to this day.
The inflation that we are experiencing today is due in no small part to President Trump’s mismanagement of the nation’s COVID response.
In short, Donald Trump had his opportunity to lead in the face of a global health crisis (whether natural or planned, real or overblown), and he failed miserably. The excuse that he was the victim of bad advice simply doesn’t hold water. He had access to, and guidance was provided by, numerous highly credentialed experts (e.g., Dr. Scott Atlas, Dr. Paul Alexander and others) who strongly recommended against the Fauci / Deep State narrative.
In conclusion, Trump’s re-election very well could turn the clock back, not to those better days before COVID, but to the height of the COVID madness over which he presided.